The Ace House
experience the future with this exotic Office building that houses your technology and staff in a cool and inspiring work place. You can feel the vibe of this building radiating through it, even from afar.
I have always wanted to build a futuristic house/office space ever since I was a little kid (for real). I used to draw weird future houses as a kid, complete with outdoor landscaping and indoor floor plans. I started by googling ideas have came up with a rough idea of what to create. I knew I wanted it to intersect the current trend of future architecture but also add in some interesting elements. I definitely took ideas from Star Wars (i.e. the needle and the round-hut). I created it by starting with two rectangles and then twisting another rectangle to a point from the lower left-hand portion to the top hand portion of the other rectangle. I wanted the contrast because always in future renditions, you have smooth and easy colors contrasted to make a beautiful object. Another idea of mine was to create a few different objects and connect them to have a cohesive building. I was inspired by future buildings with high bridges and modern architecture.
Overall, I think my object met the expectations of my idea. I made it into a model size (think showing a few of these on a fake plot of grass to show where a new development will lay on a landscape) so It is much small but If scaled, should work. I also added in my Assignment 3 Bench to give it some more finesse.
- Rectangle cube was the starting piece
- Circular house by creating a custom curve then revolving around
- Added a triangle to a point a the top of the circular building
- Boolean added the triangle and the circular
- Added the cut out of the circular building using wire cut to get a nice curve
- Added in another rectangle cube to overlay the rough edge of the circular building
- Twisted a square curve up and to a point on the circular building
- Added the back formation by drawing a curve closed loop the extruded and then twisting
- Adding filleting on every edge of the white part
- Added a cone needle using the cylinder commend
- Added the black “frames” on each of the rectangle buildings but extruding a rectangle and copying evenly up and down (forgot about the array pattern ugh)
- Added the grass base, extruded from a curve
- Added in Assignment 3 to make it look cool