This one was way harder than I thought. I really wanted to do something with a map overlay, so I found a map of CU online. I wasn’t sure how to represent this in a cool data visualization. I decided to go pretty simple because my computer couldn’t keep up with rendered and graphical power of the map. I made a base, extruded the map, used the bend command and then extruded sections of the map in colored material to make it look cool to show the different parts of the road system in and around CU.
This isn’t due for another week so I may go back and fix it and make it look better, but I have a lot on my plate! In the end I feel like it does the trick for sure, but I could easily take it a step further. I did learn fairly a lot form this little exercise in file sizes, new commands, and trying to visualize data.